Find us on...
BEIS to host webinar series to guide businesses on the new UK conformity assessment marking (UKCA) in Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
In September 2020 the Office for Product Safety and Standards (OPSS), part of the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), published updated guidance on the applicability of the UKCA mark, as substitute for the CE mark that came into place after the end of the transition period, on the 1 January 2021.
Manufacturers need to ensure they are using the UK conformity assessment marking (UKCA) to place goods on the market in Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) where applicable. There are separate requirements for Northern Ireland.
In order to help companies have a better understanding of this topic and to be able to comply with the UKCA requirements, the UK Government is organising a series of webinars on this topic. Below are the details of the webinars, with the link to register to the sessions:
- Economic operators and routes for conformity assessment
- Understanding the routes available for conformity assessment
- Understanding marking and labelling
- Placing goods on the market in Great Britain
- Placing goods on the market in Northern Ireland
- Understanding the new UK regulatory regime: Focus on construction products
Further details, dates of the sessions and registration links can be found here.