CTPA Safety Assessment Campaign 2021
09 September 2021£1206 hours 55 minutes
The safety of consumers, and therefore of cosmetic products, is the highest priority of the cosmetics industry, as well as a mandatory regulatory requirement. Article 10 of the UK and EU Cosmetic Products Regulations require that all cosmetic products must undergo a safety assessment by an appropriately qualified safety assessor holding qualifications specified in the Article. Although the qualifications are essential, continuing education in relevant scientific fields such as toxicology helps to ensure robust and competent safety assessment of cosmetic products.
In order to address this need, CTPA is proud to launch the ‘CTPA Safety Assessment Campaign 2021’. This course is open to anyone in CTPA member and non-member companies involved in cosmetic product development including, but not limited to, formulation technologists, technical managers, regulatory managers, as well as safety assessors and toxicologists.
The campaign consists of the following seven modules, each delivered by industry experts.
- Overview of the Cosmetic Product Safety Report (CPSR),
- Key toxicological principles in cosmetic safety assessment,
- Local toxicity (skin irritation, eye irritation, skin sensitisation and phototoxicity),
- Systemic toxicity (repeated dose toxicity, genotoxicity/mutagenicity/carcinogenicity and reproductive toxicity),
- Packaging, microbiology, stability and cosmetovigilance,
- Safety assessment of fragrances and botanical ingredients,
- Next Generation Risk Assessment (NGRA) for cosmetic safety.
On the completion of all seven modules, you will be eligible to receive a Certificate of Attendance from CTPA. In addition, the completion of all seven modules within the CTPA Safety Assessment Campaign 2021 will count as two seminar points towards obtaining the “DGK Safety Assessor Certificate”, which is a training scheme run by IKW, the German Cosmetic, Toiletry, Perfumery and Detergent Association, together with the German Society of Scientific and Applied Cosmetics (DGK).
Any Non-Members wishing to access this campaign must follow the 'login' link and create a profile before being able to access.