Find us on...
On 2 August 2023, the Department for Business and Trade (DBT) published the launch of a consultation seeking views on how the UK can better regulate in the area of product safety, taking into account consumers, businesses and local authorities.
The Product Safety Review (PSR) consultation includes the government’s proposal to overhaul the product safety legislation, including the UK Cosmetics Regulation, developing a regime that:
- ensures business obligations are proportionate to the hazard presented by their products;
- shifts the balance between regulations and industry-led standards;
- uses digital solutions, such as voluntary e-labelling;
- addresses concerns regarding the ease with which unsafe products can be sold online;
- enhances the leadership and coordination role of the Office for Product Safety and Standards (OPSS).
The consultation can be accessed here, and will run until the 24 October 2023.