The 26th UN Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP26) is underway in Glasgow. Nations from across the world are coming together to review their commitments as part of the Paris Agreement; an international treaty to limit global warming to well below 2°C.
COP26, which is being co-hosted by the UK and Italy, is the first climate summit to take place since the Paris Agreement’s measures have taken effect, and the first opportunity that nations have since had to come together and strengthen their ambitions.
CTPA would like to draw your attention to the online platforms available to keep up to date with COP26 events over the next two weeks:
- The COP26 YouTube channel will be streaming live events, including from the Green Zone (managed by the UK government).
- The UNFCCC will be streaming live events from the Blue Zone (managed by the UN who host the negotiations), including
- The Resilience Hub will be streaming Race to Resilience campaign events.
- There will be various social media channels providing coverage of the events.
- The COP26 newsletter will provide regular updates on the events; to sign up please click here.
Further information about COP26 can be found in CTPA’s Sustainability Hub.