CTPA works to understand the needs of its members, tailoring services accordingly and delivering an agile, expert service to all.
It is not just regulatory and R&D staff that can find value in CTPA membership services. Claims support, communications, customer care, marketing, supply chain logistics, legal and many other departments can all find valuable and relevant information on the members’ website. By seeking specific advice from the CTPA expert team teams can save hours in research time as well as having access to important webinars, events and online training for continual professional development.
Membership provides access to:
- One-to-one confidential advice covering all aspects of a cosmetic product’s journey
- 24/7 members’ website with as-it-happens news, time-saving issue tracking and detailed advice on long-running topics and complex regulation
- All employees in a member company can access the member website wherever they are in the world
- Register for members-only topic specific webinars, events
- Ability to contribute your voice and opinion to industry positions on consultations
- Ability to participate in CTPA committee, working and advisory groups according to your area of competence
- Free, confidential one-to-one meetings on sustainability, adding value wherever you are on your sustainability journey
- The Online Learning Platform includes easy to access tutorials covering:
- Cosmetic Ingredients: How to find out the legal status - Knowledge on the different regulatory frameworks for cosmetic ingredients
- Cosmetovigilance Training - Comprehensive information on cosmetovigilance and companies’ related obligations.
- Cosmetics Masterclass – member-only deep dive into the requirements of the UK and EU Cosmetics Regulation and how to use CTPA resources to best effect
- Safety Assessment for Cosmetic Products – Helpful information on the robust and competent safety assessment of cosmetic products.
- The Cosmetic Borderlines - Examining products that share a borderline with other product categories, such as medicines, biocides, or medical devices.
How to Join
If you are a brand owner, manufacturer, distributor or provide a service to the industry you may be eligible to join.
Open to manufacturers, brand owners, distributors and other companies supplying finished cosmetic products.
Open to companies supplying ingredients, analytical laboratory services (not contract manufacturing), packaging or other ancillary services such as safety assessment, claims assessment etc.
Retail Associate Membership
Open to UK retailers and wholesalers who do not manufacture but have their own brand cosmetics and/or supply cosmetic brands.
Compliance Associate Membership
Open to companies acting as Responsible Person (RP) to external companies for UK and EU Cosmetics Regulations (either mandated by an external company and so having name and address on pack or under contract to provide service but without name and address on pack).
Introduction to CTPA Membership
If you are a new company at pre‐launch and new small start‐up companies with under 10 employees, you may be eligible for this entry level category. Charged at a flat fee of £700 + VAT for six months, this entry level category provides limited access to the CTPA team for individual advice on UK and EU regulatory matters (up to 18 individual questions but not on international matters) including the following services:
- Access to CTPA member‐only website and the UK, EU/EEA Online Regulatory Handbook
- Access to the CTPA Cosmetics Masterclass on the e-learning platform
- Access to Member‐only webinars/events
Restrictions: international advice and subscription to the International Online Regulatory Handbook is not available under this introductory offer. However, companies may upgrade to full membership, during or after the initial six months period, by paying the balance for that calendar year up to the minimum subscription required for full membership. The second calendar year of full membership would be charged at the minimum subscription irrespective of turnover. This introductory offer is for those companies eligible as full members but does not confer membership rights until a full membership application is accepted.
Applying for Membership
Submit a no-obligation Membership Enquiry to provide information about your company to enable us to determine membership eligibility and to set-up a meeting (running virtually at present) with the CTPA team to explain membership in more detail. A formal application form completes the process after this.
See our Terms and Conditions of payment to see how we structure membership fees.