Find us on...
Article 13 of the UK Cosmetics Regulation provides a transitional period of 90 days, from 1 January 2021 leading to 31 March 2021, for notifying cosmetic products that were already on the GB market before 1 January 2021 onto the Submit Cosmetic Products Notifications (SCPN) portal.
As the date is soon approaching, companies are urgently advised to make the necessary preparations and ensure that the deadline is met, in order to ensure compliance with the requirements of the UK Cosmetics Regulation. Below are a some key points to ensure preparedness.
- Notifications of products placed on the market before 1 January 2021 are simplified, and the information that must be submitted is:
- the category of cosmetic product and its name or names, enabling its specific identification;
- the name and address of the UK RP;
- details of the contact person in the case of urgency;
- the frame formulation allowing for prompt and appropriate medical treatment in the event of difficulties.
- Alternatively, notifications of products placed on the market before 1 January 2021 can be submitted by using the zip files that can be downloaded from the notifications in the EU Cosmetic Products Notification Portal (CPNP). Please note that the zip file only extrapolates the frame formulation information; companies notifying using the exact concentration, or concentration ranges, must upload formulation information before submitting the notification.
To access the SCPN portal, please click here. For assistance, please consult the OPSS guidance on the UK Cosmetics Regulation. CTPA members can access extensive help on the CTPA UK Regulations for Cosmetics resource, the CTPA Help Note on how to use the SCPN portal and the recording of the joint CTPA/OPSS SCPN Lunch & Learn session.