The Export Control Joint Unit (ECJU) under the Department for International Trade (DIT) will be hosting two webinars to provide further information on the sanctions imposed by the UK towards Russia as a response to the armed conflict in Ukraine.
On 17 March 2022, 13.00 (GMT) there will be a short notice briefing hosted by UK Government officials, with speakers representing the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), HM Treasury (HMT), Department for International Trade (DIT), Department for Transport (DfT), Business Enterprise Industry and Skills (BEIS) and other government departments.
This webinar will cover:
- sanctions legislation overview;
- new sanctions measures: financial, trade and transport;
- individual and entity designations;
- humanitarian issues.
To register, please go here
On 24 March 2022, 14.00 – 15.30 (GMT) a webinar will cover in depth the breadth of UK Sanctions against Russia, including:
- scope of sanctions, by the Sanctions Task Force under the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office;
- scope and application of trade sanctions, by the Export Control Joint Unit under the Department for International Trade;
- financial sanctions: restrictions and general licenses, by HM Treasury Office of Financial Sanctions Implementation;
- Export Support Service Ukraine/Russia, by the Department for International Trade;
- Enforcement of trade sanctions, by HM Revenue and Customs.
To register, please go here.