Find us on...
On 25 February 2020 the Chemicals Industry Association (CIA) and the European Chemical Industry Council (Cefic) published a joint position paper on the Brexit negotiations for chemicals. The document highlights the views of the UK and EU chemicals industries on key matters under negotiation for chemicals:
- tariffs and rules of origin;
- regulatory consistency;
- a maximum degree of cooperation between the UK and the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA);
- shared REACH database, on the basis of Article 120 of EU REACH;
- the implementation of a transition period;
- harmonised customs procedures; and
- free movement of qualified personnel.
CTPA supports the joint CIA/Cefic position, which is consistent with the CTPA position on this matter. CTPA encourages companies with an EU presence to share both CTPA and CIA/Cefic documents with their local trade associations and Governments, to strengthen the message from both the UK and the EU side.