Find us on...
CTPA is pleased to announce the launch this week of the COSMILE Europe app from Cosmetics Europe, the European personal care association. The app provides access to reliable, verified and scientifically supported information on cosmetic ingredients in a transparent and accessible way, giving consumers confidence in the essential products they use every day.
The COSMILE Europe app provides consumers with a new and convenient entry point to the COSMILE Europe database launched in February this year (https://cosmileeurope.eu); the COSMILE Europe app and database provide reliable, verified and scientifically supported information on almost 30,000 ingredients, helping citizens across Europe understand why certain ingredients are used in their cosmetic products, which properties they have and much more. The app version is also free and it is available in 8 languages (Dutch, English, French, German, Hungarian, Polish, Romanian and Spanish), with more to come.
The COSMILE Europe app embodies the ongoing drive for transparency and the scientific educational initiatives from the cosmetics industry; it is a Europe-wide endeavour which complements CTPA’s own initiatives in the UK, such as CTPA’s consumer information website www.thefactsabout.co.uk, and its educational campaigns throughout the year on many topics related to the safety of cosmetic products.
Special features and benefits for the consumer
- The app is a ‘mobile’ source of information for consumers, easy to use whether at home, in a store, on holiday etc.
- Thanks to its scanning feature which allows the user to scan an ingredients list on a product, consumers have improved accessibility to information, for instance when the packaging is small or the surrounding light not optimal for reading.
- The app offers users the ability to track and therefore avoid ingredients to which they have an allergy.
How the app works
- After downloading the app, the user can search for ingredient information by scanning the ingredients list on the label of a cosmetic or personal care product or search for information on an individual ingredient manually.
- The app also has an ‘Insights’ section answering frequently asked questions on cosmetic ingredients and providing information on how UK and EU cosmetics legislation ensures cosmetics and personal care products are safe.
CTPA is proud to represent a vibrant, innovative and responsible industry with science at its core and we welcome the launch of the COSMILE Europe app. We invite you to download and discover it (available on Google Play and Apple Store).