Find us on...
Date: Wednesday 14 December 2022 at 14.00-15.30
Time: 14:00 GMT
Cost: Free for CTPA members, £75 for non-members
The EU-wide restriction on 'microplastics' is expected to be published in 2023. It will impact any solid, synthetic, non-biodegradable polymer in any cosmetic product, and will therefore have an extremely significant impact on all cosmetic product categories.
The restriction is currently in development under the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) legislation and as it nears finalisation and publication, companies need to be aware of how much of their portfolio will be affected and the timescales available for reformulating their products. This webinar will also explain product labelling and reporting obligations set out by the restriction.
The webinar will cover the following key topics:
- Origins and development of the restriction
- Current stage of the legislative process
- Timelines and transition periods
- How companies can assess the impact on their products
- Tools to help companies plan for compliance
- Possible legislative activity in the UK
- Advocacy work conducted by Cosmetics Europe and CTPA
A Q&A session will follow the presentation.
Non-members of CTPA can register and pay for the webinar at this page.