Find us on...
On 15 August 2023, the Office for Product Safety and Standards (OPSS) launched a call for data for cosmetic nanomaterials. Below is the list of ingredients part of this call for data.
- Platinum (nano)
- Copper (nano)
- Silver (nano), colloidal silver (nano)
- Gold (nano), colloidal gold (nano), gold thioethylamino hyaluronic acid (nano)
- Silica (nano), hydrated silica (nano), silica silylate (nano), silica dimethyl silylate (nano)
- Lithium magnesium sodium silicate (nano)
- Hydroxyapatite (nano)
The data shall be submitted via email to [email protected]; the deadlines for submission are:
- silica (nano), hydrated silica (nano), silica silylate (nano), silica dimethyl silylate (nano) - 27 June 2025;
- all other substances - 22 December 2023.
Companies interested in submitting data are strongly encouraged to do so.
Note on data submission
It is important to note that the UK Scientific Advisory Group on Consumer Safety (SAG-CS) has recently changed the default body weight for risk assessment to 70kg to be more representative of UK population.