Find us on...
The final draft of the EU-wide Registration, Evaluation and Authorisation of Chemicals (REACH) Regulation’s microplastics restriction was published in September 2022; the final version is expected to be issued in 2023. This restriction will have an extremely significant impact on all cosmetic product categories because its scope includes any solid, synthetic, non-biodegradable polymer in any cosmetic product.
Once in force, the EU REACH microplastics restriction will have set transition periods to provide companies enough time to make the relevant changes to their products and comply with the requirements.
To outline the timelines and transition periods, CTPA is therefore running the webinar ‘Microplastics - How the EU REACH Restriction will Impact your Cosmetic Formulations’ on 14 December 2022 at 14.00-15.30. The webinar will cover the following key topics:
- Origins and development of the restriction
- Current stage of the legislative process
- Timelines and transition periods
- How companies can assess the impact on their products
- Tools to help companies plan for compliance
- Possible legislative activity in the UK
- Advocacy work conducted by Cosmetics Europe and CTPA
Companies willing to attend can register here. The webinar is free for CTPA members, and available for a payable fee of £75 for non-members of the Association.