Find us on...
There are many requirements for cosmetic ingredients under different chemicals legislation, in particular: the Classification, Labelling and Packaging (CLP) Regulation, the Registration, Evaluation and Authorisation of Chemicals (REACH) Regulation, and the Cosmetics Regulation. It is extremely important for companies within the cosmetics industry to understand how these frameworks apply to cosmetic ingredients, as they would influence their use in cosmetic products.
CTPA has launched a new e-learning in its Online Learning Platform 'Cosmetic Ingredients: How to Find Out the Legal Status'. The e-learning is available for free to members of CTPA; non-members of the Association can also access the training (except Module 4 on international regulations) for a payable fee of 150£+VAT.
Module 2 of this e-learning covers:
- The Annexes of the Cosmetics Regulation: their structure and how to read them
- Further considerations: traces of prohibited substances, ingredients not listed in the Annexes
- How to check if an ingredient is allowed in the EU: practical case studies
- How to check if an ingredient is allowed in the UK: practical case studies
- How to check REACH restrictions, SVHC and authorisations
This module therefore analyses the Annexes to the EU and UK Cosmetics Regulation, giving practical example on how to search for ingredients in the Annexes as well as understanding the relevant requirements. The module also provides demonstrations on where and how to check for restrictions/SVHC/authorisation requirements under the EU and UK Registration, Evaluation and Authorisation of Chemicals (REACH) Regulations.