Find us on...
The EU-wide restriction on 'microplastics' under the Registration, Evaluation and Authorisation of Chemicals (REACH) Regulation is expected to be published in 2023. It will impact any solid, synthetic, non-biodegradable polymer in any cosmetic product, and will therefore have an extremely significant impact on all cosmetic product categories.
It is important for companies to learn how to evaluate which ingredients used in their portfolio may be in scope of the microplastics restriction, in order to assess the impact on their products.
CTPA is therefore running the webinar ‘Microplastics - How the EU REACH Restriction will Impact your Cosmetic Formulations’ on 14 December 2022 at 14.00-15.30. The webinar will cover the following key topics:
- Origins and development of the restriction
- Current stage of the legislative process
- Timelines and transition periods
- How companies can assess the impact on their products
- Tools to help companies plan for compliance
- Possible legislative activity in the UK
- Advocacy work conducted by Cosmetics Europe and CTPA
Companies willing to attend can register here. The webinar is free for CTPA members, and available for a payable fee of £75 for non-members of the Association.