Find us on...
New Approach Methodologies (NAMs) and Next Generation Risk Assessment (NGRA) ensure chemical safety without generating or using animal data.
The CTPA webinar ‘An Introduction to Animal-free Safety Assessment for Cosmetics’ gives an overview of ‘New Approach’ and ‘Next Generation’ cosmetic safety assessment methods, why it is important to integrate them into day-to-day safety assessment, the challenges and some solutions. So don’t worry if you are not an expert on this topic; this webinar will help you gain an understanding of the basics of NAMs and NGRA, as well as provide you with additional resources to learn more about this topic.
This webinar covers:
- the animal testing ban for cosmetics;
- what are NAMs and what do they consist of;
- NAMs - benefits, challenges, solutions;
- CTPA work on NAMs and industry support;
- NAMs in practice, the perspective of a safety assessor - how to integrate NGRA/NAMs into cosmetic safety assessment, skills and knowledge needed, how NGRA/NAMs will impact your day-to-day job as a safety assessor (guest speaker Matteo Zanotti Russo from Angel Consulting).
If you are looking for practical help in using NAM approaches, CTPA has teamed up with experts among its membership who are highly experienced in using NGRA and NAMs, in order to organise a practical workshop where attendees can practice integrating NGRA and NAMs into their safety assessment work. More information is now available here, as well as registrations are open at the same link!