Our Key Objectives
- Be seen as the leading trade association, offering value for money to members and setting the bar high
- Work with all key stakeholders to provide creative, pragmatic solutions to new issues
- Individual confidential advice provided to members by experienced regulatory, scientific and technical staff on anything from ingredient issues to best practice manufacturing guidance
- Positive proactive communications to build confidence and trust in the industry's safe, effective products
- Intercept media issues with fast, robust rebuttal
- Promote the CTPA's www.thefactsabout.co.uk website as THE research resource for journalists, consumers, stakeholders and members
Working with Members
- 24/7 members-only intranet full of useful guidance, up-to-date news and with time-saving issue tracking - everyone in your company can access this tool wherever they are in the world
- Cosmetics Masterclass - free workshops for members at CTPA to help maximise your membership
- Topic Specific Seminars and committee meetings driven by area of competence or issue
- CTPA Presentations at your company and at external meetings
Representing Members worldwide
- Over 175 Members representing small, medium, large and multi-national companies supplying the UK market
- Companies include manufacturers, distributors, ingredient suppliers, contract laboratories, contract manufacturers, retailers of own brand
- Representing around 80% - 85% by value of the £9,347.6 million UK market supply (2019 retail sales value)
Categories of membership
New for 2021
Introduction to CTPA membership
This package is open to pre‐launch and new small start‐up companies with under 10 employees. This new entry level category has a flat fee of £700 + VAT for six months with access to the following services:
- Access to CTPA member‐only website and the UK, EU/EEA Online Regulatory Resource
- CTPA Masterclass for up to 3 people (free to attend)
- Up to 18 individual issue questions to the CTPA expert team during the six months
- Access to Member‐only webinars/events The membership is limited to UK and EU regulatory matters.
For International advice and access to the International Online Regulatory Resource, companies need to apply for full membership. However, companies can upgrade to full membership after, or during, the initial six months period by paying the balance for that calendar year up to the minimum subscription required for full membership. The second calendar year of full membership would be charged at the minimum subscription irrespective of turnover. This new introductory offer is for those companies eligible as full members but does not confer membership rights until a full membership application is accepted.
Open to manufacturers, brand owners, distributors and other companies supplying finished cosmetic products.
Open to companies supplying ingredients, analytical laboratory services (not contract manufacturing), packaging or other ancillary services such as safety assessment, claims assessment etc.
Retail Associate membership
Open to UK retailers and wholesalers who do not manufacture but have their own brand cosmetics and/or supply cosmetic brands.
Compliance Associate membership
Open to companies acting as Responsible Person (RP) to external companies under the EU Cosmetics Product Regulation 1223/2009 (either mandated by an external company and so having name and address on pack or under contract to provide service but without name and address on pack). This category will also apply to RPs under the UK Cosmetic Regulations post-Brexit.
Applying for Membership
Applying for membership is very simple. On the Membership Enquiry page you will be able to complete the information about your company to enable us to determine the class of membership you may be eligible for.
After receiving your enquiry we will send you an initial copy of your own and in due course we will contact you to confirm your eligibility and category of membership and invite you to spend time with the Association's staff to fully understand how membership could assist you. A formal application form completes the process after this.
See our terms and conditions (updated for 2021) of payment for a subscription snapshot