Improve personal, social and health outcomes across the value chain - from workers in the supply chain all the way to the end users of cosmetics products. Our aspiration is for Members to embed this principle right across the value chain, from producers to consumers.
This covers a range of topics:
- contribution of the industry to societal and economic development;
- fair and ethical principles for workers in the supply and wider value chains (from farmers to factory workers to salon employees), leading to their physical, emotional and financial wellbeing;
- physical and emotional wellbeing of cosmetics industry consumers.
This impact goal aligns with the internationally recognised Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs):
- 1 - End poverty in all its forms everywhere;
- 3 - Ensure healthy lives and promote wellbeing for all at all ages;
- 4 - Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all;
- 5 - Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls;
- 6 - Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all;
- 8 - Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all;
- 9 - Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialisation and foster innovation;
- 10 - Foster inequality within and among countries.