The 15th Sun Protection Conference will be taking place on 25-26 November at the Royal College of Physicians in London.
Running biennially since 1992, the Conference is one of the leading events in the industry. Delegates include professionals working in the sun protection and skin care product sector and those interested in the current status of the scientific aspects of sun protection technology.
Entitled “2020s: Looking ahead - a decade of innovation in sun protection”, the 2021 Conference, taking place in person, will address the advances industry has seen, and look at the transformations that can be expected in the next decade that will give improved sun protection and safety, whilst caring for the environment.
The Scientific Programme, organised as usual by Dr Jack Ferguson, Skinnovation Ltd, is split into four sessions:
- Looking forward to future innovations in sun protection.
- Major issues impacting sun protection concepts and product development.
- Innovative technologies: the source of innovation in sun protection.
- Satisfying consumer needs in performance, testing, and communication.
Topics to be covered include:
- the risks and benefits of sun exposure;
- pollution and sun exposure;
- how much and what type of protection?;
- protection from UVA and skin cancer;
- sun product testing update and looking to the future;
- impact of sunscreens on the environment; and
- understanding sun protection needs of the consumer.
Keynote talks will be presented by Professor Mark Birch-Machin and Brian Diffey, Newcastle University and Professor Paul Matts, Procter & Gamble UK.
The full programme can be found here. Attendees can find more information on the website and register online here.